Monday, December 15, 2008

Rumors?

Since my Ambulance adventure the question has been asked and rumors report that I might be Pregnant. I would like to answer this question:

NO!

Brian and I are not ready to have another child we have weighed the pros and cons of the issue and at this time we have decided it is not the right time.

Pros-

1. Children are a blessing.
2. Babies are cute.
3. Tax deductible.

Cons-

1.Internal organs are still recovering from Mindy, Josh and cryptosporidium.
2. Nine months in the womb. (see #1)
3. Gestational diabetes.
4. No cream soda and chocolate covered pretzels because of the diabetes. (see #3)
5. Delivery.
6. Feedings at all hours of the night.
7. X amount of years worth of diapers.
8. Joshua the Destroyer. (I can't take my eye of that boy!!!!!)


Now this does not mean that we are done and don't want anymore kids. This just means that I am not physically or mentally ready for another child.

For any of you that has ever had a child that gets into everything, you will understand that I cannot take care of an infant while making sure that Josh is not sitting on top of the refrigerator, swinging from the chandelier in the kitchen, or spilling a 10 lb bag of sugar on the floor because he wanted to play in the sand (and sugar looks like sand. Right?)

So for now the cons definitely out weigh the pros.

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Gosh Emily, I am so glad to hear you are doing better! What a scary experiance! As for the pregnancy rumors, I don't blame you! Kids aren't easy..........

Andrea said...

I know how you feel! Brayden is into everything too! I completely understand pushing the 'next' kid off few more years! That's what I'm doing. With my luck, I'll get another 'curious' kid, who's into anything he can get his hands on.

I'm glad your doing better. Hope you have a great Holiday!