Thursday, February 26, 2009

I was cleaning the "Lair" (Brian's office) and I found a letter that I wrote to myself as an assignment in an English class my senior year of high school. I was supposed to write about where I wanted to be in 10 years.

My life is nothing like had imagined it would be.

Like every teenage girl I was totally in "love" with my high school sweetheart and was positive we would end up together forever, well most of us know how that went. (love meaning? do you really know what love is, when you are still in high school?)

I wanted to be a Midwife, that didn't happen either.

Although I didn't marry my high school sweetheart and I didn't go to college and become a Midwife like I had planned.

My life is much more than I had ever imagined. I married the love of my life in the Salt Lake Temple, became an ABO certified optician and had two beautiful children. I am very lucky to be able to be a stay at home mom.

Even though I was married at barely 19. Sadly I and been in enough relationships to know that Brian was the one for me. It was truly love a first sight. It was the first relationship I had been in that I knew he cared about me and treated me the way a human being is supposed to be treated.

I had very bad taste in men before I met my husband, actually 2 of the guys I dated before Brian are in prison. I had REALLY bad taste in men. Although, I did date one police officer and a my high school sweetheart is currently a police officer so that evens things out. Right?

People have asked me on occasion how I could have possibly done everything I did before I was married my response is "You can get a lot done in a day if try hard enough". Ha Ha Ha

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

So funny! Things are never what we think they will be. Even though I met Brad my senior year in high school, and knew I would marry him, other things in my life are so different. But that's just life, right?

Andrea said...

I can completely relate! Never did I imagine my life would turn out like it did, but I wouldn't change it for anything!!

Love that family photo too! It's super cute!